All-in-one map & guide book: Moremi Game Reserve, Okavango Delta
Published by Veronica Roodt and Shell Oil Botswana Gaborone, Botswana 2019
Softcover, 21 x 30 cm, 88 pages, throughout photos, illustrations and 35 maps
Veronica Roodt has produced a new All-in-one map-book for the Okavango Delta and Moremi Game Reserve. It covers the whole north-western corner of Botswana, so it includes the Tsodilo Hills and Ghwihaba Caves:
- The Okavango Delta
- Moremi Game Reserve
- Tsodilo Hills
- Ghwihaba Caves (Drotsky's Caves)
- 25 detailed maps with GPS co-ordinates, distances and estimated times of arrival (ETA) for each road.
- Map of Maun with contact details of lodges in Maun as well as location of important shops.
Maps of the trails at Tsodilo Hills.
- Contact details of all the lodges and camps in the north-western area of Botswana.
- Detailed Geology and formation of the Okavango Delta, Tsodilo Hills and Ghwihaba Caves.
- Ecology of the Okavango Delta.
- History of the Okavango Delta.
- People of the Okavango Delta. This includes pre-hostory.
The last section consist of species identification with photo and short description of each species:
- 53 Mammals
- 295 Birds
- 37 Reptiles, frogs and fish
- 110 Insects
- 60 Trees
- 80 Flowers and grasses
It is truly an All-in-One guide book to enhance your experience in the Okavango Delta and Moremi Game Reserve.